You are here
- Experience with IFRS/US GAAP
- Strong in accounting
About Our Client
A leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth.
Finance Department in Amsterdam
The Finance Department is headed by the Finance Manager and has nine employees. The department is responsible for the financial and administrative support for the Dutch organization, management advises, maintains contact with European headquarters in the UK and works closely with our Finance Shared Service Centre in Manila (PH) and in Reigate (UK).
The Financial Controller reports to the Country Finance Manager and contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing budgeting/forecasting and accounting.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements;
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor;
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Fixed assets and Revenue Recognition;
- General Ledger reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting (e.g. Statutory reporting);
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance (NL GAAP, US GAAP);
- Support month-end and year-end close process;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Prepare, review and submit monthly VAT;
- Check the monthly Payroll transactions (mutations);
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
The Successful Applicant
Proven work experience as a Financial Controller;
Minimal 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience (financial responsibility) required;
Advanced degree in Accounting, preferable Bachelor / University in accountancy or business administration;
Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (NL GAAP/ IFRS / US GAAP);
Knowledge of internal control principles;
Experience with creating financial statements;
Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
Excellent computer and accounting software skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Oracle;
Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues;
Well-developed written and spoken communications skills;
Ability to work in a high performing team environment;
Flexible work attitude.
What's on Offer
Between EUR 55.000 and EUR 65.000 depends on experience