You are here
- Global transportation company
- Financial Analysis - Strong communication - Analytical
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest express transportation company in the world.
Our client is the world's largest express transportation company. Leveraging its unmatched air route authorities and extensive air/ground infrastructure, they connect markets, within just 1 to 2 business days that comprise 90 percent of the world's economic activity. Their global transportation network provides rapid, reliable, time-definite delivery of documents, packages and freight shipments worldwide.
For their Financial Planning & Analysis Department in Amsterdam:
They are looking for a FINANCIAL ANALYST, who will provide financial support for the Benelux Region.
As an internal consultant with in-depth financial knowledge, you will work closely with the Region's senior management team and report directly to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. Your role will be to:
- Perform ongoing analysis and interpretation of the Region's financial results, develop and defend key portions of the annual business plan, prepare a variety of business cases that support the Region's strategic goals and provide sound financial consultancy.
- Identify, initiate and lead profit management actions and concepts based on a good understanding of the revenue and cost drivers as well as global market and business issues, opportunities and constraints that optimise company investments.
- Define, develop and execute new innovative tools to manage key performance areas.
- Analyse and address complex ad-hoc issues and business scenarios and advise on potential impact.
- Support and lead Senior Management in making the right business decisions, by making realistic business focused recommendations and presentations.
- Advise and train decision-makers and all involved parties on specific areas potentially impacting financial performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Preferably 4-5 years of experience in FP&A
- Business degree in Economics/Statistics or Professional qualification
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative financial analysis and terminology
- Fluent in English (= working language), and Dutch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with experience of creating and delivering formal presentations including full rationale to Sr. Management level
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of effectively interacting with customers and decision makers and building a network of key contacts
- In depth commercial knowledge with experience of providing finance related business advice and consultative services to all levels of management
- In-depth planning & organizational skills with experience of leading cross-functional or divisional projects
- In-depth judgement and reasoning ability with experience in decision making
- PC literate including good Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Experience in reviewing "day-to-day" financial processes and developing and implementing improvements
- Experience of producing and developing non-standard financial reports
What's on Offer
Competitive salary depending on seniority
29,5 days Holiday
1 month bonus