You are here
- Monthly reporting, General Ledger reconciliation, hands-on, analysis
- Yearly preparation of Budget, Forecasting, NL-GAAP, Statutory accounting
About Our Client
International stock listed Pharmaceutical company with their European HQ in the Netherlands
The Finance Manager is primarily responsible for directing and managing the activities of the Finance and function in the assigned country. He/she is responsible for managing the accounting, controlling and the financial part of the logistic activities ensuring the books are accurate and that everything is accounted for in the assigned country.
Place in the Organisation:
The Finance Manager works in the local country team and reports functionally to the European Head of Finance & Logistics.
Key Responsibilities Leadership and Management:
- Performs regular one-on-one catch-ups with individual finance team members to help with current issues and to ensure proper coaching, training and leadership.
- Sets work objectives for each of the team members and is able to measure their progress. Establishes specific measurable goals to provide a clear base for employee recognition and staff development.
- Oversees daily operations of the finance department.
- Ensures that all management and fiscal accounts are prepared on strict deadlines and are fully compliant with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements. .
- Directs and coordinates company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Manages the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Manages the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Directs financial audits and provides recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Serves as primary legislative liaison relative to company financial issues.
Strategic planning & developing policies:
- Works with other Finance department managers and corporate staff to develop business plans for the company.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organisational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Performs monthly book close process and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary ledger, to ensure book integrity and accuracy.
- Prepares monthly Profitability Statement, balance sheet, cash flow and bank & stock reconciliation.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reporting requirements for internal reporting.
- Performs yearly preparation of Budget and periodical monitoring of Budget V/s Actuals and highlights deviations to the management
- Prepares statutory annual accounts; P&L, Balance sheet, notes to the financial statement. Timely Submission to the trade register.
- Gets Annual Inventory Stock Count done
- Manages, analyses and maintains ledgers and registers for fixed assets.
- Ensures that all insurance policies are updated and in place.
- Ensures that all Trade recoverable are realised as per due date and makes proper follow up for overdue recoverable.
- Manages Taxes (i.e. prepares periodical VAT/Income Tax Returns, Withheld Taxes and other taxes) and ensures timely and submission and payment to appropriate authorities
- Executes Cash Management/Liaison with Banker
- Liaises with external auditors to get audit completed as per corporate deadline
- Executes monthly preparation of Rolling Forecast.
- Reports periodic stock reconciliation and annual count.
- Monitors shelf life of stock and highlights Near Expiry stock or high inventory stock to Sales team on a monthly basis.
The Successful Applicant
- Education Level: University Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounts
- MBA or equivalent post-graduation will be appreciated
- Required Language knowledge: English and Dutch, any other language is an asset
- Extensive Microsoft Office skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access
- 5-7 years experience at same level
- Affinity with the Health Care Industry
- Flexibility in work days/hours
- People management (manager to three assistants)
- The ability to react and make adjustments in a timely manner, make good decisions on the spot
- Be very stress resistant, flexible, disciplined and able to work under very tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy and eye for detail
- High confidentiality and privacy attitude
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment with appropriate sense of initiative
- Strong service orientation
- Team player
What's on Offer
Good base salary and strong secondary benefits