You are here
Enterprise Risk Consultant - Insurance
- Role for candidate wanting to make an impact
- Combination of content and stakeholdermanegement
About Our Client
Our client is a leading specialist general insurance and reinsurance business with a reputation for
strong underwriting and capital management.
Within the context of the new Solvency II risk based regulatory requirements it is vital that this company has market leading risk management governance and practices. The enterprise risk management framework for risk evaluation, control and reporting has been established and needs to be embedded over time into the business so that it used on an ongoing basis. The overall risk management framework includes the operation, control and use of the Internal Model.
Regular contact and travel will be required to any major location of the group including for example
Brussels, Paris, Rotterdam, Antwerp and Hamburg.
Despite having a technical role within the Risk function, the role holder needs to be able to communicate with and relate to managers and staff at a range of levels within the companies business and sustaining relationships will be key to ensuring use and understanding and implementation of the Risk Management Framework.
- Support the Head of Risk in the adoption of the enterprise risk management framework. Develop and present risk insights as they may impact the business strategy and support the Head of Risk in ensuring these are appropriately communicated to help support decision making.
- Produce consistent and high quality SBU-level risk management reports for the SBU management team focusing on the balance between risk taking and business performance.
- Manage the completion of relevant entity stress and reverse stress test analyses of the SBU business model and specific business plans.
- Maintain a register of emerging threats and opportunities facing the SBU and ensure papers are presented to help the SBU leadership adequately discuss, analyze and manage these challenges.
- Improve and maintain an appropriate product and project risk assessment process with respect to new products and business development activities.
- Manage the capture of uses of the Internal Model in key SBU management decisions such as risk transfer decisions.
- Communicate the companies' overall approach to risk management and the adoption of the risk management framework to external stakeholders such as the Dutch regulator.
- Support the adoption of the enterprise risk management framework.
- Produce consistent and high quality entity-level risk management reports for entity management team, Risk Committee and Board, and to meet a range of reporting and governance requirements.
- Produce and manage the delivery of the ORSA report on a quarterly basis in liaison with Risk Governance team.
- Support maintaining the Risk Appetite Framework up to date in liaison with Risk Governance team.
- Facilitate the completion of relevant entity stress and reverse stress test analyses.
- Maintain the risk management governance up to date.
- Deliver local support to French, Dutch, Belgian and German offices regarding the implementation of the risk management framework.
- Contribute to the development of the local European regional risk team by providing coaching and guidance to less experienced member(s) of the local European regional risk team.
The Successful Applicant
- Masters degree
- Enthusiastic personality, team spirit
- 3-5 years working experience within the insurance sector
- Willingness for incidental travel
What's on Offer
- € 50.000,= - € 65.000,= fixed gross yearly salary based on 38 hours including holiday pay and 13th month