You are here
- International company in LED lighting and industrial electronics
- Engineering Director with knowledge of electronics and leadership skills
About Our Client
RENA Electronica is an SME company with family roots and has over 35 years of experience in lighting and electronics. They are a supplier to over 40 international OEM's in LED lighting and industrial electronics. Independently operating with strong market partners. The company is internationally operating and has centralized activities in the town of Zundert, the Netherlands, including development and manufacturing.
As an Engineering Director, you will strategically plan and operationally manage your resources, and interact directly with the customers to discuss their requests and to support sales.
In the challenging yet rewarding role of Engineering Director, your goal is to ensure technological developments are sustained in a financially responsible manner and highly qualified resources are made available and you deploy them for in- and external customers.
You will be part of the Management Team and report directly to the General Manager. You will be based in Zundert, where the offices are located and occasionally visit customers. Your team consists of 20 engineers, in hardware, software, and mechanical engineering and a NPI team of 6 production and process engineers.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the engineering team (app. 20 engineers) to ensure resources are aligned to the company strategy so that goals and objectives are consistently met.
- Further developing the department and its employees; drive and sustain the cultural and technological changes necessary to achieve results and ensure the engineering facilities and methods are world class.
- Project management; secure design excellence by the engineering team delivering on or above customer cost, quality and timing requirements.
- Taking care of contact with customers and the "PR" of the engineering department; let the world know about our capabilities and technical roadmap.
- Be a pro-active MT-member; be the voice of the engineering department on one hand and contribute to the development of long-term business strategies and short term business planning on the other hand.
- Translate market developments to relevant technological developments and implement these.
- In the light of environmental friendly production we expect a contribution to attention for reducing and separating waste, energy-saving, reducing of spillage, and development of sustainable products.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this role, you have a Bachelor or Master degree in a technological area combined with at least 10 years in engineering. Furthermore:
- You have proven leadership skills in a fast paced environment heavily integrated with other functional departments.
- You have experience in leading an engineering team in preferably small- or midsize companies.
- You have the ability to link customer and business requirements to system design and engineering performance criteria. Track record in LED lighting preferred.
- You can handle change well and are able to look at the bigger picture; you inspire others and are a born leader.
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to be completely transparent with managers, subordinates and customers.
- You have experience with implementing and improving gate based development procedures and portfolio management systems to benefit operational KPI's and maximize the work flow.
- You have a clear service ethic and communicate this well to the entire department.
- You are an enthusiastic, confident, multi-faceted person that excels in decision making.
- You are self- motivated, not afraid to take risks. You easily build a network and will use this to achieve goals.
What's on Offer
RENA offers you an innovative, challenging environment with high diversity in both your work and the products and processes you work with. Furthermore:
- Excellent remuneration package.
- 25 holidays + 6 ATV-days.
- A lease car in line with lease car policy.
- Informal and safe environment where everyone's opinion counts.