You are here
Director of Operations
- Director of Operations
- Global Medical Device Client
About Our Client
Our client has a focus on Medical Device Reprocessing and endoscopy procedure products and infection prevention and control.
- Directs and coordinates the plant SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning) process, production planning, production scheduling, order fulfillment, material releases (including MRO management), shipping/receiving/logistics, and inventory control.
- Direct management of the end-to-end supply chain to include customer service, inventory management, production & inventory control, purchasing, shipping/receiving, and related SCM activities.
- Coordinate 3rd party warehousing, consignment, vendor manager inventory (VMI), and other offsite scheduling as needed.
- Provides direction to regional SCM personnel in support of new product development/launch teams, business development and early supplier engagement.
- Review and approve site improvement projects for appropriate specifications, costs, quote package, contractor selection and contract terms.
- Directs projects (e.g. site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design and budget.
- Manage EHS to ensure facilities meet regulatory guidelines and in refining emergency preparedness plans and programs.
- Establish and maintain appropriate metrics in tracking employee, quality, delivery, innovation and profitability performance focused on delighting the customer.
- Responsible for maintaining and coordinating activities to ensure vital site and regional metrics, including but not limited to; customer on-time delivery, backlog, days on hand inventory, and past due work orders/schedules.
- Responsible for hiring top talent, maintaining staffing needs and productivity, managing performance and ensuring training and development plans are in place for team members.
- Leverages the annual and monthly operating plans to determine appropriate objectives and performance expectations for the regional Supply Chain team in support of Divisional operations goals.
- Responsible for field service trunk stock replenishment and inventory accuracy.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Marketing from an accredited institution
- 7-10 years' experience in progressive Supply Chain functions
- 7-10 years' experience as a manager of people
- 3-5 years' experience in customer service
- Strong desire to manage in complex environment(s); results driven
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers/ suppliers
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge, understanding and demonstrated use of SIOP principles
- Numerate with good IT skills - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
What's on Offer
Competitive remuneration package + benefits