You are here
- Corporate law, contracts and European Securities Regulations
- Good understanding of financial markets
About Our Client
Our client is a dynamic, international organisation with their headquarter in Amsterdam.
This position can be divided into two parts: 50% Corporate Secretary of the Supervisory Board and 50% Legal Counsel.
As Legal Counsel you deal with both local issues as international regarding cash and derivatives markets, listings, membership compliance and market data. You will work closely together with colleagues abroad.
As Corporate Secretary you work closely together with the Assistant Corporate Secretary and are responsible for all corporate secretary matters in respect of the Supervisory Board of the Company.
Your key accountabilities are:
- Ensure that the functioning of the Supervisory Board complies with the applicable legislation, regulations, corporate governance codes, the Company's articles of association and the rules and regulations issued pursuant thereto.
- Act as counsel to the Chairman and as contact person to the members of the Supervisory Board.
- Responsible for the input on legal and governance matters, filing and approval of Annual report / Registration Document.
- Obtain approvals for new (Supervisory) Board members with Dutch Regulators.
- Identify items that need to be approved by the Supervisory Board.
- Manage legal risks in business areas such as cash and derivatives markets and pro-actively inform business partners about (changes and developments in) national and European legislation.
- Legal work involves international contracts and implementation of changing national and European legislation (including drafting of agreements and policies, negotiations with users and client organizations).
- Work cross border and develop and maintain excellent relations with (foreign) and (non-legal) colleagues and regulators.
In this position you will report to the Chairman of the Supervisory Board (internal dotted lines to General Counsel) and Head of Legal & Regulations Amsterdam.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the role will possess the following:
- Academic level, Dutch Law qualified;
- 4-6 years' experience working as a corporate secretary for a Dutch listed company with international experience;
- Strong knowledge and practice of corporate law and contracts - any IT law experience would be a plus;
- Good understanding of financial markets;
- Very strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a Chairman and senior members of the Supervisory Board;
- Very strong organizational skills, able to work on various files simultaneously, self-motivated and works independently;
- Excellent oral and written skills in both Dutch and English;
- Team player, cultural sensitivity and transparent communicator;
- Focus on business and results, the ability to meet deadlines and features high quality standards;
- Willing to occasionally travel.
What's on Offer
Challenging position. Competitive package.