You are here
Controller Statutory & Tax Reporting
- Accounting degree, CPA or equivilant is a pre
- Financial Controlling experience with affinity or already experience within Tax
About Our Client
US Big-Six Film and entertainment companies
The Controller Statutory & Tax Reporting is responsible for the accurate preparation and timely dissemination of Financial Statements for various entities in different jurisdictions. This Controller position is a statutory expert that takes a lead role in managing the local statutory audits and annual statutory filings, filings to local regulatory bodies and any other external financial reporting required (e.g. Dutch Central Bank reporting, Statistics).
Furthermore this position is responsible for the coordination of the local tax and compliance requirements and liaise with the tax team and external tax advisors to ensure timely and accurate tax filings.
The Controller Statutory & Tax Reporting provides technical accounting and controllership leadership, interpreting existing and proposed accounting guidelines and communicating its impact on financial statements.
This role has a solid reporting line to the Finance Director and the Finance Project Manager is reporting to the Controller Statutory & Tax Reporting. The role has a strong advice function to the three Controllers also reporting to the Finance Director to ensure they preserve the integrity of the financial records and process the transactions accurately and in accordance with the local statutory and tax requirements. This position will manage the outsourced finance partner for the Statutory and Tax reporting work that has been outsourced.
- The Controller Statutory & Tax Reporting is part of Corporate Controllership team and responsible for the internal control environment, ensuring compliance with group policies and procedures, laws and regulations, the integrity of financial and operational information. Continuously evaluating the internal control system and assessing risks, presenting findings/positions to the Controllership Team.
- Developing and leveraging key relationships with Corporate Controllership team and BU controllers, Fin Ops team and demonstrating a high level of cultural consciousness, collaboration and flexibility is a critical part of the role.
- Contribute to the Controllership Team in standardizing and streamlining the global processes, focussing on the value added work, rolling out best practice.
- Provide support on business change and transactions, including assessment of controllership impact of strategic decisions (e.g. implications on accounting, Corporate reporting, Tax, compliance, and any other wider implications).
- Draft accounting papers to support the accounting treatment for more complex and contentious areas, including clear communication to Controllership Team.
Lead or play a key role in special finance/ tax projects as assigned, acting as a business partner and consultant when performing these duties. Often these are multi-functional projects (Finance, Tax, Treasury, Legal, IT) across various BU's, dealing with a complex landscape and dependencies. Projects relate to, but not limited to, financing or restructuring initiatives, legal entity rationalization, dividend repatriation, implementation of new finance systems or reporting tools, simplification and integration projects etc.
- Identify, document and drive compliance with local Statutory compliance for entities in The Netherlands, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Singapore and South Africa, covering 10+ entities. These entities vary in size and complexity, but all need to be treated with the same diligence in terms of statutory and tax reporting. The largest entity in scope has USD 2 billion of revenues and a balance sheet total of USD 875M.
- Managing the External and Internal audits, overseeing the planning (timing, scope, preparation), act as the main point of contact to auditors. Work with the outsourced finance partner to collect audit evidence and support for the Financial Statements and required disclosures.
- Assists with documentation and testing of companies risks and controls in connection with SOX.
- Perform annual impairment testing on 30+ wholly owned subsidiaries, working closely with FP&A teams of the various BU's. Tax reporting
- Support to the Tax team to ensure compliance with local tax regulations and reporting requirements in the area of CIT, withholding tax and VAT in respect of non-US operations.
- Provide input to the Tax Team for Transfer Pricing documentation for various entities in different jurisdictions.
- Review and maintain tax calculation templates and submit FIN 48 input to tax Team
Analyse business forecast data and input this data into forecast models for Corporate Income Tax and internal royalty/ cash flows.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA , Dutch RA/RC qualified
- 5-7 years of professional working experience of which 3-4+ years experience as a Controller or similar finance position within a large multinational organisation. Public accounting experience is a plus, but not required.
- Deep technical accounting experience, including comprehensive understanding of US GAAP, UK GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills to quickly resolve unique, complex and challenging issues and concerns independently.
- Project management experience within multidisciplinary team (Finance, Treasury, Legal, Tax, IT)
- Possess high level of personal and professional integrity
- Proven team player with leadership skills including the ability to manage, coach and energise the team, collaborative working style.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations to Business Controllers and Senior management.
- Proficient user of financial accounting systems and competent in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate strong influencing and interpersonal communication skills across different cultures and languages to ensure understanding of financial implications across multiple disciplines.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and in in writing)
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to cope in a fast, dynamic environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours with tight deadlines
What's on Offer
National & International growth opportunities