You are here
Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Global FMCG brand looking for talented Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Continuous Improvement Engineer with projectmanagement skills
About Our Client
Our client is a $2,2 Billion subsidiary of a Large Global Multinational and the leader in their field. Currently we are searching for a Continuous Improvement Engineer based at the facility in Etten-Leur.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer (CI-Engineer) is responsible for driving ideation, evaluation, prioritization and implementation of multiple concurrent Continuous Improvement (CI) Projects & CI Events. He/she will do so, by establishing and leveraging structured Systems and Processes, with the objective to drive improvements to the plant's Operational Excellence performance. More specifically; he/she should establish a step-wise and documented P&CI (Productivity & Continuous Improvement) Process, to progress and continuously improve performance of the Etten-Leur production site . Besides establishing the process, the CI-Engineer plays a vital role in making sure the entire population contributes and adheres to the defined process.
The CI-Engineer develops the business case(s) and presents these during periodic Capital Budget (CEB) reviews. For major Capital projects, upon their approval, the CI-engineer will lead the project execution. He/she does so, by applying Project Management techniques; starting off from the conceptual engineering phase until final project completion by formal "Hand-Over" to the internal customer as well as financial- and administrative- Close-Out.
He/she can manage multiple projects with varying scopes, timelines and capital expenditures, and must ensure projected asset utilization and operating efficiency as well as safe operation by plant technicians/operators. Projects may be building, production or facility related.
He/she develops and manages the associated capital budget as well as all technical and administrative aspects of the projects. Accountabilities of the role include project viability, project schedule adherence, project cost containment, technology transfer and EOHS and corporate Quality standards compliance.
The CI-Engineer will report to the Technical Systems Manager.
- Organization of a structured way of planning and tracking of plant's Operational Excellence performance Improvement Plan;
- Lead/facilitate CI activities to drive targeted improvement goals;
- Review and analyze plant capacity and performance data to identify bottlenecks;
- Champion plant performance improvement, using a structured approach to identify & prioritize CI-projects, in line with the expectations of the Productivity & continuous Improvement (P&CI) Standard.
- Leverage resources from own as well as other departments to drive CI-projects implementation;
- Change Management / Ensure all projects are in compliance with appropriate the company's standards and local regulations;
- Responsible for overall Capital Program -development & -implementation for the facility;
- Drive & manage Capital Program execution by monitoring project progress, modify plans and initiate corrective actions based on feedback and changes;
- Provide support and guidance to assigned project engineers in managing individual projects;
- Communicate and manage issues/risks with corporate/divisional leadership;
- Oversee the startup and training needs of key personnel for new projects and discus this to the involved department manager(s).
- Develop plans and timetables for task completion using appropriate project management tools;
- Issue regular progress reports;
- Monitor project progress, modify plans and initiate corrective actions based on feedback and changes;
- Develop project contingency plans as necessary;
- Deliver projects within required time frames and budget
- Execute good engineering protocols/practices including development and evaluation of project scope, layouts, bids, spending, timelines and start-up etc.
The Successful Applicant
- BSc or MSc in Engineering or related field;
- A Six Sigma Green Belt would be a plus;
- 5 years of experience in project management/engineering;
- Experience in a global FMCG company is a plus;
- Trained/experienced in using Continuous Improvement tools, such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen, SMED, etc.;
- Dutch proficiency is required;
- Fluent in English.
- Encourages creative thinking, sharing ideas and continuous improvement;
- Possesses technical expertise;
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Attractive benefits, such as bonus, a comprehensive insurance package and a premium free pension plan
- Working in an international environment.