You are here
Commodity Buyer - Iron casting and Machining
Experience in the Procurement of Iron casting and Machining
Wanting to work for international company
About Our Client
Our client is a World known leading in the Automotive Industry
- Lead the commodity strategy for direct materials supplies. Identify suppliers to meet the project requirements in terms of cost, quality and delivery.
- Supplier evaluation & capability assessment, supplier consolidation & risk management & design sourcing model to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
- Lead cost reduction projects to drive Cost Outs for direct materials (series deliveries) in existing and future programs. - Responsible for procurement of parts to meet (new) program execution timelines
- Develop and maintain cost models for different manufacturing processes.
- Identify process change, VA/VE with support of Engineering/Design for Material, Cost reductions and also develop data for should cost or zero based costing.
- Monitor & ensure meeting department cost down performance as per profit plan.
- Be part of cross functional team (Sales, Engineering, Quality and Operations) to provide timely inputs and execution through end to end project monitoring
- Responsible for scheduling of projects at various stage with sub-contractors based on vendors' capacity and scheduling.
- Negotiate & finalise commercial relationships through supply agreements for total cost of ownership for each product.
- Develop & ensure Supplier Capacity Mapping to meet Production requirements
- Maintain global and regional communication for leveraging supplier cost competitiveness and global sourcing opportunities.
- Make or Buy decision through Strategic Core/Non-core analysis.
- Develop solid relationship with strategic suppliers and responsible executing supplier contracts and long term agreements. Manage and achieve program milestones.
- Work closely with Supplier Development & Engineering for VA/VE and process change to achieve year-on year basis.
- Material cost reductions, Monitoring & accountability for Material Consumption as per Profit plan for all commodity product lines.
- Responsible for selecting world class supply base and cover through the agreements for ensuring KANBAN, VMI supplies for all major buys.
- Responsible for Department procedures, WI, QS/TS compliances.
- Work with operations, Supplier Development, Engineering to conceptualize & develop Make or Buy decision model to meet cost reductions.
- Responsible for developing lean supply chain.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree is a must (preferably in Mechanical /Production/Industrial/Electrical Engineering)
- Experience in sourcing, supplier development & procurement in an engineering company, preferably in the Automotive Industry or any other mass volume industry.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes for products one or more of the fields: Steel or Cast Iron Casting, Forging, Stamping, CNC machining, electronics or actuators.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience on Product costing, formulating and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Must demonstrate financial acumen, strategic ability, strong business acumen, and strong change leadership capabilities.
- Result orientated through preservation of positive relationship and opportunity seeking.
- A fluent and highly articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills Project Management & experience of Capital equipment.
- Experience in a similar role in project driven environment highly desired.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a lead role on purchasing issues
What's on Offer
Good base salary & secondary benefits package