You are here
International, Non- Food, FMCG
About Our Client
J&J Consumer is the worldwide leading Consumer Healthcare Company with a specific focus and mission to develop and market innovative OTC, skincare and consumer healthcare products and services.
The Benelux JNJ Consumer organization, which is based in Beerse (BE) and Amersfoort (NL), is responsible for sales and category management of several leading brands in key consumer segments:
- OTC: Digestive Health (Imodium, Motilium and Microlax), Pain (Perdolan), Cough & Cold (Bronchosedal and Sinutab), Smoking Cessation (Nicorette), & Other Segments (Daktarin, Hextril, Reactine etc.),
- Beauty & Baby: RoC, Neutrogena and Le Petit Marseillais - Natusan and Johnson's Baby
- Women's healthcare: o.b.(Tampons), Carefree (Liners) and Vania (Napkins)
- Oral Care and Topical Health: Listerine (Mouthwash) and Reach (Floss) - Compeed (Foot Care)
J&J Consumer is a leading player in the Benelux Mass Market channels (Food and Drug) as well as in the Belgian pharma channel. To develop the Dutch Mass business, we are currently recruiting a Category Manager Oral Care, reporting to the Customer & Shopper Lead Holland, based in Amersfoort. A crucial position for our worldwide Oral Care brand Listerine which is the 2e brand in the Netherlands. It is a challenging task to defend our Market leadership in a highly competitive environment and to get internal international stakeholders on board for our Dutch strategy.
- Responsible for category management projects with key customers (Ahold, AS Watson etc)
- Development, implementation and performance analysis of category management strategies and tactics such as assortment, shelf, price, promotion and shelf optimization with PC based systems per key customer incl. evaluation and further recommendation
- Close collaboration with EMEA colleagues concerning roll out best practices and launch NPI's
- Competitive analysis of relevant trends and category developments and act upon it
- Responsible for setting up the whole POS approach together with the Instore Excellence Manager
- Further development and optimization of category management tools
- Budget responsibility
Main leadership commitments involved in the role
- Excellent in understanding customer / category needs
- Develop strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Gather feedback & insights from key customers, internal partners. Identify actionable insights to enhance results.
- Translates insights into actions that challenge the status quo and that reinforce our competitive advantage.
- Determines alternative strategic options
- Dares to take risks aligned with Credo-based decision-making
- Identifies & develops the skills necessary for future success
- Mentors peers or other employees
- Builds an environment supportive of diverse and inclusive thinking and perspectives.
- Develops communication and influence skills to become a high-impact presenter; seeks feedback on skills in this area.
- Promotes a culture of accountability by improving on current performance and taking responsibility.
- Tries new operational practices that have been successful elsewhere in the company.
- Builds & reinforce a sense of urgency on key projects; helps others understand the critically of these efforts.
- Analyzes the outcome of recent projects; comes up with lessons learned reviews to improve future efforts and outcome
The Successful Applicant
- Min. 5 years' experience in marketing, C&S Marketing or Sales in a FMCG branded environment
- Master degree required
- Strong Analytical skills
- Creative and change agent
- Complexity management, problem solver, self-reliant, overtaking the responsibility and engaged
- Cross functional worker, interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel (Belgium and Germany) 5%
- Good Windows Office knowledge, especially Excel and Power Point, knowledge of data analysis tools (eg. Nielsen, PI Web or SAP) are an advantage
- Fluent Dutch and English is a must
What's on Offer