You are here
Category Manager Grains
Category Management, Shopper Marketing
FMCG, Food& Beverage
About Our Client
PepsiCo began in 1965 with the merger of Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay. Today, it's a global food and beverage leader. For the category "Grains" are we looking for a Category Manager.
Quaker, one of the most trusted food brands for more than 135 years, includes a portfolio with a wide range of nourishing and delicious meal and snack choices that help fuel healthy families. Holding leadership positions in their respective categories, Quaker® Oats, Quaker® Rice Cakes and Quaker® Chewy® Granola Bars are consumer favorites. Quaker also produces popular cold cereals like Quaker® Life® Cereal and Cap'n Crunch®, iconic Rice-A-Roni side dishes and beloved Aunt Jemima® pancake syrups and mixes.
As the Category Manager Grains you are part of the Category Team in the BeNeLux and together with Marketing and Sales you are responsible for the brand Quaker. You analyze the market results based on GFK and Nielsen figures to know what's happening in the Grains category. You translate these results into concrete activities like product introductions, building an assortment and the roll-out of the category vision. To introduce category expanding initiatives at our retail partners, you gain insights in the category, retail and the shopper and you do recommendations. Furthermore, you also support the Category Development Manager in making the strategic plans and the annual plans.
As a Category Manager you have an important central role within PepsiCo and you work closely together with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Shopper Insights & Business Analytics both in Belgium and in the Netherlands. This means you work in virtual teams. You report to the Category Development Manager Nutrition based in the Netherlands, with occasionally meetings in Belgium(Zaventem).
The Successful Applicant
- You have a master degree Economics, Commercial Sciences or Business Engineer;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a category management or adjacent function;
- Languages : Dutch and English;
- You show leadership to set the agenda, make projects and visions happen, be able to run multifunctional projects, be able to demonstrate influential impact at various levels and functions in the organisation and with customers.
- You are a team player, communicative and a good listener: you understand the customer internal and external you know how to influence him;
- You are analytical and you have a can-do attitude and an optimistic mindset. You see opportunities and take initiatives.
- FMCG knowledge: in-depth shopper insights and customer knowledge (retail) is a preference;
What's on Offer