You are here
Category Buyer Metal & Industrial Packaging
- Category Buyer Metal & Industrial Packaging
- International responsibilities
About Our Client
Market leader in FMCG industry
As Category Buyer Metal & Industrial Packaging you will be responsible for the sourcing of tinplate, big bags and paper bags in the EMEA region. You will set-up and execute strategic long-range plans in close cooperation with the procurement colleagues in APAC and get commitment from stakeholders. The spend responsibility will be around €80 Mio per year. The complexity of this role lies in the number of different specifications and the large number of stakeholders who are situated at plants divided over the EMEA region. You will identify and realize opportunities within the category/portfolio to reduce overall total costs, secure contingency, drive open innovation and manage, if applicable, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) challenges. Given the large number of suppliers and articles also supply base reduction and article rationalization will be important. You will identify value drivers in the supply chain, set up should cost models, manage tenders and actively identify (and implement) top-line growth opportunities. Besides these sourcing activities you will be responsible for setting up framework agreements and securing a proper administration on time in full. The role reports to the Category Manager for Metal & Industrial Packaging.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Category Buyer Metal & Industrial Packaging recognizes him/herself in the following points:
- Upcoming talent with a passion for procurement.
- University degree with ideally, a couple of years of procurement experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, no-nonsense and fact driven.
- A can-do mentality and self-starter, taking initiative.
- Result oriented, unlocking opportunities and removing barriers is key.
- Commercial flair, humour and determination.
- All business within FrieslandCampina is conducted in English and command of the language (both oral and in writing) should be impeccable (proficiency in Dutch is not required but is a distinct plus).
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package and excellent opportunities for intercompany growth.