You are here
Category buyer functional ingredients & specialties
- Wanted: buyer a.i.
- Category buyer functional ingredients & specialties
Over onze klant
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As Category Buyer Functional Ingredients & Specialties you will be responsible for the sourcing of functional raw materials / ingredients in the EMEA region. You will execute strategic long-range plans in close cooperation with the procurement colleagues in APAC and get commitment from stakeholders. The spend responsibility will be around €25 Mio per year.
You will be responsible for the categories stabilizers, thickeners, gelling agents and colours. These materials are mainly used in the consumer products from FrieslandCampina: dairy based beverages, yoghurts and desserts, but also in the B2B portfolio of products.
You will identify and realize opportunities within the portfolio to reduce overall total costs, secure contingency and manage, if applicable, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) challenges. A main part of the job will be to initiate and coordinate value engineering and rationalization projects, manage tenders and actively identify (and implement) top-line growth opportunities.
The role reports to the Category Manager for Functional raw materials & Specialties.
- A university degree and ideally 5 years of purchasing experience in raw materials
- Strong interpersonal skills, no-nonsense and fact driven.
- A can-do mentality and self-starter.
- Result oriented, unlocking opportunities and removing barriers is key.
- Commercial flair, humor and determination.
Duration: 8 months
Contract type: temporary on a payroll basis