You are here
Buyer Logistics & Packaging
- Internationally respected company
- Chemical industry
About Our Client
A leading, global company active in the sales of quality resins for composite applications.
As a Buyer Logistics & Packaging, your job entails the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sourcing strategy and approach for defined categories.
- Negotiate and conclude commercial conditions with suppliers
- Define and lead cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Manage relationships / partnership with internal customers during projects.
- Develop and manage relationship with suppliers and track their performance.
- Ensure purchasing transactions (one-offs & orders without a contract) and requisitioning for specific category are executed according to policy by the Purchasing Assistant / Operations.
- Provide input to Purchasing Director when developing Business Purchasing Plan.
- Report status/benefits including value tracking and performance management.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Buyer Logistics & Packaging recognises him/herself in the following:
- Full time position
- Commercial attitude
- Result oriented
- Very good interpersonal- and communication skills
- Multi-Lingual skills: Dutch, English, German, French, Italian (French, Italian are highly preferred)
- Knowledge/experience of road transport market would be an advantage
- Prepared to travel (abroad) 20-25% of working time
- Ideally university qualifications, preferably in business administration, commerce, engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Preferably a recognised qualification in Purchasing.
- Professional experience (5-7 years) in Purchasing, Product Management or Marketing & Sales.
What's on Offer
- Motivating and challenging position in an international company.
- Competitive salary package based on your profile.