You are here
Business Unit Controller
- Global market and technology leader in environmentally produced medicines.
- Academic degree, Registered Controller is an advantage.
About Our Client
Our client is a global market and technology leader in environmentally produced medicines.
They develop, produce and sell raw materials, intermediates , Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Formulations.
Assist and support the BU Controller in executing the Finance and Control policies and requirements and in managing, monitoring and controlling the financial and accounting processes of the Product Market Combinations (PMC's) and the Business Unit. The function has a strong focus on business control, but an aspect of financial control is included (<30%).
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Annual budget process, quarterly RAF, and monitoring of monthly actuals of the overhead costs;
- Regular meetings with budget holders to discuss expenditure;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports and forecasts;
- Assist the Business Unit Controller with overall reporting & forecasting.
- Monitor and control the R&D performance;
- Monitor and control overheads;
- Monitor and control PMCs;
- Participate in financial and/or multi-disciplinary projects;
- Align with stakeholders to support decision making;
- Ad hoc requests.
The Successful Applicant
- Academic background in business economics;
- Postdoctoral Registered Controller or equivalent is an advantage;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in controlling roles;
- Ability to combine helicopter view with a keen eye for detail;
- Business acumen;
- High personal impact (strong presentation skills, effective communication);
- A proactive and can-do mentality with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a number of intercultural teams;
- Ability to work in a complex organization;
- Ability to set clear priorities;
- Advanced knowledge of/experience with MS Excel/Powerpoint;
- Fluent in English verbally as well as in writing;
- You are result oriented, accurate, entrepreneurial, business oriented, persuasive, a team player, independent, and have good judgement.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a nice package of primary and secondary conditions.