You are here
Business Development Manager
- Developing new business within the Netherlands
- Automotive aftermarket experience needed (spare parts)
About Our Client
Our client Platinum International is the UK's largest independent battery distributor. The company embraces the challenge to find continual improvements and deliver the best quality products, brands and service. Due to growth, Platinum is now focusing on developing its business activity in the Netherlands.
For Platinum International we are now recruiting for a:
Business Development Manager
The purpose of a Business Development Manager (BDM) is to establish, develop and strengthen relationships with new and existing customers within the automotive, marine and other industries where high-quality batteries are needed. This is in order to achieve the company's sales objectives, aspirations and scrap targets, within a designated sales region. Your aim is to communicate the company's service offer and entire product range to all customers and sell products ensuring that the expected margins, product mix and customer wallet size are met. You are part of a newly established business unit within the Netherlands, so you have the opportunity and challenge to shape it and develop it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain and develop new business from a defined target list of potential accounts in line with the company's sales strategy, ensuring that Account Opening Forms are properly completed and forwarded on a timely basis; Reaching to own, existing network for new opportunities.
- Develop a greater share of wallet (up sell and cross sell products) with the existing customer base;
- Presentation to all target & existing accounts in a professional manner;
- Sell all product groups within the Company's product portfolio within an allocated sales area/region;
- Manage the region to ensure achievement of the Company's objectives regarding Volume, Margin, Brand, Mix and Scrap recovery;
- Analyse the market share & gross margin targets within the area of responsibility, in line with Company policy;
- Complete customer visits; train customers in selling up and in all sales, warranty adjudication & technical matters as required;
- Assist customers with merchandising their premises and if required their customers' premises;
- Be the Company contact within your designated region, meeting customer demands and expectations;
- Assist in the resolution of all customer queries;
- Effectively manage any price changes using the PDF procedure as required;
- Attend trade shows as and when required;
The Successful Applicant
- 4+ years of sales / business development experience in the automotive aftermarket (spare parts)
- Excellent level of English and Dutch language skills - both orally and in writing
- Independent self-starter, stress resistant, no 9 to 5 mentality
- Strong influencer with negotiations competencies
What's on Offer
Attractive salary package, bonus element, company car and secondary benefits. Opportunity to grow and build your own team in the future.