You are here
Business Development Manager EMEA Chemicals
Opportunity to be part of a rapidly-growing international organization
A role for a true business developer that has an affinity with chemicals
Over onze klant
In 1959, entrepreneur Robert H. Dallas formed what was to become one of the larger privately-owned chemical companies in the United States of the post-war era. In 1989, a newly formed Dallas Group of America, Inc. was established as a spin-off and grew into a diversified manufacturer of basic and specialty chemicals.
The Dallas Group produces the highest quality MAGNESOL and DALSORB synthetic magnesium silicates, ammonium chloride and lignosulfonates. The company operates multiple manufacturing and packaging facilities in North America, China and Europe. The Dallas philosophy is to own and operate the basic means of manufacturing its products. The result is consistent, high-quality products at the lowest possible prices while assuring continuity of supply to customers.
The Dallas Group is committed to advancing technology and maintains fully equipped "state of the art" laboratory facilities. Its staff of chemists is responsible not only for maintaining the highest standards of quality but also for conducting continuous research and innovation for the improvement and development of new applications across all product lines. Customer satisfaction is a key goal.
For Dallas Netherlands Cooperative, located in Alphen aan den Rijn, we're exclusively looking for a:
Business Development Manager EMEA - Chemicals
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As a Business Development Manager EMEA (BDM), you are a true self-starter, with hunter mentality and entrepreneurial mindset. In this role you are responsible for pro-actively identifying potential target accounts and their development into new accounts.
- Develop and cultivate new business and relationships at the executive and regional levels of the target accounts. Focus for you in this role will be Industrial Frying, Polyols, Surfactants, Biodiesel and other sectors.
- Provide effective support and communications to executive level customer decision makers, including Operations, Purchasing, Training, Finance, Quality and Customer Experience to insure account conversion occurs seamlessly
- Attend customer trade shows, conventions, charitable events as required
- Understand the DGA product chemistry and filtration process in order to provide technical explanation when required
- Understand the DGA business system in order to be able to convert the customers' requirements into an implementable DGA relationship
- Understand the customer and distributor channel inventory policies and requirements in order to guide the proper stocking required to meet the customers' service expectations as part of the value proposition
- Assess the training and support needs at both the local and corporate level to insure DGA product performance to be included in the value proposition
- Develop and present customized training programs for large employee and management groups
- Provide timely (monthly) territory status reports to sales and management
- Develop monthly territory management plans to cost effectively cover and support the territory
- Develop and manage to annual sales and expense budgets
In this role you work from the Alphen aan den Rijn location and report to the Sales Director for the EMEA region.
You are a true business developer, enjoying opening new doors for business and what excites you is closing the deals. You pro-actively explore new possibilities and have a solution-focused approach. In addition, you have a know how in driving business development internationally within a chemical and/or plant equipment industry.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Commerce / Chemistry / Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience is required for this role (strong business development background)
- Ability to travel extensively throughout EMEA region (50% of the time), driving license is required
- Fluent in English. French, German or any other language skills are preferred.
- Basic chemical knowledge is required for this role.
- Operational Plant / Plant Equipment knowledge is a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset, taking ownership and initiative, no 9 to 5 mentality, stress resistant
Good salary package. Joining Dallas Netherlands Cooperative (part of the Dallas Group of America) starts with a professional on-boarding and education. Later on you are given the full freedom and chance to demonstrate your entrepreneurial side and build up the business within the EMEA region.