You are here
Business Analyst Demand Planning
Business Analyst role in an Internationally operating company
Demand Planning & Supply Chain
About Our Client
An internationally operating company in the Food sector.
- Provide information and reports to the Demand Review process as part of the Integrated Business Planning model to achieve a consensus forecast for demand in respective sub-region . Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making.
- Develop data analytics at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons to optimize statistical forecast and leverage best practices that lead to improved forecast accuracy including utilization of Promotional Data, Customer input, Sales Input, Historical patterns, etc. Quantitative and statistical analysis of product demand trends and drivers.
- Statistical Forecasting / Predictive Analytics- Utilization of systems and other tools to project future product level demand based on historical data and heuristics, preferably R, RShiny and/or SAS.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the design and maintenance of demand planning related information technology. Identify gaps in business process.
- Prepare and update KPIs scorecards and metrics to measure process performance.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems and information platforms; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Conduct advanced process and data flow analysis; Recommend future state business process improvements through information systems and/or non-system driver changes . Recommended solutions should be developed in consultation with impacted internal and external stakeholders, but should remain objective and independent of the specific stakeholders.
- Understands the needs of multiple stakeholders and assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes .
- Continues improvement and support of the documentation/mapping of current and future state processes, key decisions, RACI, timelines, writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training, etc. to deliver better value to the customer.
- Supports other functions with demand planning analytical support (Ops, Finance, Commercial, etc).
- This position requires 3 years experience in applied analytics and relational database skills preferably Oracle, Terradata and SQL.This role provides support for future year demand as well as current year demand. The ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver better methods and processes to support demand that ultimately benefit supply chain efficiency, cost and customer service. Leading continuous improvement efforts and specific projects that optimize demand management processes. Defining and building processes/tools/systems that provide value-add to business activities.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum 3 years experience in associated role.
Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
Experience in requirement gathering.
Experience and ability to work effectively and manage change in a strong matrix culture a requirement.
Experience developing/implementing demand/inventory planning processes.
Experience in predictive analytics / statistical modeling a plus.
Previous demand planning/forecasting/procurement experience desirable.
Lean And Six Sigma Experience Strongly Preferred.
Experience Salesforce, SAP-APO, statistical tools, an advantage.
Project management experience desirable.
Expert level in Microsoft Excel is a strong requirement (VBA macros/ programming).
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, computer literacy and appreciation of reporting and information systems. Maths ability.
Clearly understands tools to facilitate change and new process implementation.
Project management desirable.
Comfortable learning new systems.
A high level of business acumen.
- Excellent communication, listening and questioning skills are a necessary prerequisite.
- Advanced influencing skills.
- Open & strong facilitation skills.
- Strong Business Acumen required.
- Strategic thinking.
- Foresight for current and future business needs to proactively respond with effective solutions.
- Objective analytical skills and strong attention to detail to define strategic alternatives and deliver business value.
- Organization and planning capabilities. Energy, leadership and achievement. Able to get things done.
- Cross functional and full process view across long business scenarios involving many areas.
- Takes ownership & accountability.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Advanced change management skills.
- Managing relationships & Networking.
- Team working, Collaboration, Coaching & Guiding.
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and secondary benefits.