You are here
Assistant Financial Controller
- Financial Controlling experience with USGAAP
- SAP and group reporting knowledge
About Our Client
US BIG-six media/entertainment company
The Assistant Financial Controller is responsible for an accurate, timely and complete accounting process for a business (TVD, Theatrical or Home Entertainment), including monitoring and approving key financial cycles across International Opco's, ensuring compliance with accounting regulations and policies.
The areas of responsibility include 25-35 international Operating Companies, 40 3rd party licensees and 20 partnership deals in different territories with different accounting risks and treatments.
- Work with the outsourced finance partner to ensure all accounting activities are being performed as agreed; work with internal operational and governance groups to support performance metrics and continuous improvement
- Preparation, review & submission of Quarterly Consolidation to HQ including being key contact for all queries to drive quarter end close
- Management of the Monthly/Quarterly Account Reconciliation process, including reviewing reconciliations, following up open items with Opco's, and reporting metrics to Controller in addition to rolling out and applying best practice where appropriate.
- Drive controllership related activities across the OpCo Finance teams
- Assisting the Controller in driving Distributed Controllership throughout the Group, by leading Balance Sheet Reviews with the Opco's and ensuring the financials reflect the business environment
- Work closely with IT to stabilise and further enhance system controls, processes and procedures; focused on becoming a super user expert to ensure data integrity,
- Monitor compliance and effectiveness of accounting policies and procedures across territories
- Play a key role in the delivery and stabilisation of key projects across assigned finance groups to support continuous improvement
- Owner of master data management across Finance groups
- Own implementation and management of distribution deals to stakeholders across the assigned business and provide regular reporting on key metrics
- Support non finance departments by providing ad hoc analysis as required
Work closely with the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting team to drive financial reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Academic degree in a finance related area (i.e. HEAO BE)
- Minimum 3 years related experience in a fast paced, international, complex environment, preferably with an audit background
- Strong accounting knowledge with a controlling mind-set
- Strong financial reporting experience (SAP preferably) and proficiency within a Group reporting role
- Experience of providing and presenting appropriate accounting and financial information to support the business
- Experience with operational vendor management is preferred, i.e. management of: contract, performance, relationship, issue & dispute and documentation;
- Strong process knowledge and system awareness
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP
- Advocate of continuous improvement through driving change and sustainable solutions
- Demonstrates strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills across different cultures and languages
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships and engage and influence people; demonstrates resilience.
- Ability to cope in a fast, dynamic organisation and manage competing priorities
- Willingness to work flexible and/or long hours during close
Excellent English communication skills, Dutch is not required
What's on Offer
National & International growth opportunities