You are here
Assistant Business Controller
- Recruiting for an Assistant Business Controller for Gulf Agency Company
- Looking for a high potential with a strong accountancy background
About Our Client
Gulf Agency Company (GAC) is a worldwide service provider that delivers integrated services to the Shipping, Logistics, Marine and related markets at the highest levels of quality and safety. The GAC Group is committed to ensuring that customers needs for quality shipping, logistics and marine services are understood and met. And with over 9,000 professionals working around the clock at more than 300 offices in over 50 countries, they deliver on that promise. The globalization strategy of GAC is to use steady and consistent geographical expansion, achieved through organic / opportunistic growth, joint ventures, partnerships and acquisitions. GAC is local in action and global in attitude.
The value of human dignity is one of the cornerstones of GAC's operating philosophy. They value long-term relationships - with business partners, customers, suppliers and their own staff. GAC strives for excellence in everything they do, driven by a sense of urgency and a desire to meet all their customers every service need. The vision of GAC is to provide leadership and innovation in global business and community life by delivering a flexible portfolio of services built on quality, safety, honesty, vigour and a commitment to long term business relationships.
GAC is looking for an Assistant Business Controller to strengthen the team working for the Region Europe. The Assistant Business Controller will support the Regional Business Controller with all the activities by gathering, consolidating and analyzing data, and providing financial data well before the deadlines to the stakeholders, being Regional Management and GAC headquarters in Dubai. The job will also include operational work such as limited administrative and accounting tasks. The job is based in Rotterdam.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Assisting Regional Business Controller with month end closing, consolidation and reporting
- Analyzing of monthly results and recognizing trends
- Analyzing cash-flow reporting of the countries
- Month-end reporting to internal organization
- Assist Regional Business Controller with the consolidation and analysis of the budget from the countries in the region
- Monitor actual developments and analyze them compared to the budget
- Assist management in the realization of the strategy
- Assist countries in the region with cost control
- Assist countries on optimization of their processes, with consideration of the internal controls
- Work on internal auditing program for the countries
- Keeping the company abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Assist in the implementation of the new reporting/consolidation tool
- Ad Hoc analyses and reports upon Managements request
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other Bachelor's degree relevant to the job description
- Ideally 2-4 years of working experience in an international environment
- Fluent in English, any additional languages are an advantage
- Affinity with computer systems and a highly skilled Excel user
- Strong communication skills, building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive with a hands on mentality
What's on Offer
GAC offers a challenging role with a nice career path ahead.